Sunday, January 20, 2008

Test Build

This weekend the weather was once again cold and a bit rainy but it wasn't all that bad. At least we had no freezing rain or frost on everything. I decided to start with making the desk that I had planned on building for a while for the office. I managed to get two truck loads of left over maple flooring from Pete and Jen that I am going to try and use for the top of the desk.

I thought that I might be able to just glue up the pieces together since they are tongue and groove and fit together very tight but when I started to put the pieces together they twisted and turned a bit which made it hard to keep flat. At this point I had to change my plans. Emma had a great suggestion of making a test board with some scrap MDF that I could glue and nail the boards to and then I could use it as a base for some of the pictures that she wants to take for her newly designedblog. It worked out and all the boards lined up and were nice and flat. Here is an example picture and and board itself.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks good! makes me want to have a drop top right now!! Lance

Anonymous said...

Very Rustic. Photographer, furniture maker, beer connoisseur. Is there anything you cannot do?
-john