Monday, January 07, 2008

1 Year Anniversary

So yesterday was our first anniversary! We took it easy for the day but ran into a few bumps during the day. We started with a nice breakfast at one of our favorite places to eat the Tin Shed. Then we decided to start on our project of refinishing an ottoman that we got for free on Craigslist a while back. I will post some pictures later when its done.

Then I ran into a problem with the truck leaking water in the cab. It was sometime last week when we noticed that the carpet was wet and we couldn't figure out where it was coming from. It's the rainy season this time of year and when the truck was parked outside of the garage it would take on water. To make a long crappy story short, I managed to take the entire inside of the truck apart and pulled up the carpet. By this time the rain stopped and I used a hose to test out where it was coming in. With the help of my dad over the phone, we found out that it was coming in from the back window. I bought some silicone sealer and ran it along the outside. We will see how well it worked. So much for a nice relaxing day for our Anniversary.

Emma did however make a wonderful dinner of which I am sure she will post soon enough on her blog.

It's hard to imagine that it was only a year when it seems like much longer with everything that we have done. We managed to completely remodel the bathroom and the office. We went on many trips which included our Alaska cruise and many camping trips. We also installed new windows in the house. It's really been a wonderful year with everything that we have accomplished.

Lastly, I just wanted to say how wonderful it is to have Emma in my life. We really have become much closer this past year and I look forward to many many more years with her in my life. I couldn't ask for a better wife and friend!!

No comments: