Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sick and Busy!

Ok so it's been way too long since I updated this. I have been sick for a while and have busy working on the house again. I ended up missing 3 days of work this past week and just started to feel myself yesterday morning.

Emma ended up working yesterday for graduation at her work. Luckily she didn't have to work too long.

Last night we went out to dinner and it wasn't the best experience. A new place near us called Christies just opened and so we decided to check it out. It was a bit odd to say the least. Maybe we are spoiled with going to places that we really like but this place will most likely not be on our "revisit" list. They only had a few entrees to choose from and the food tasted like it came out of a box. I suppose my taste in food has changed with Emma's yummy cooking but oh well. So of course we had to make up for it by visiting one of our favorite breakfast places. It's called the Tin Shed. Food is amazing. I had a "Fetch" which is potato cakes topped with bacon, chives, tomatoes and cheese and a biscuit on the side. So yummmmmmy!!

Well we are getting ready for next weekends big party! It's not that big but any more then a few people is big in our small place. I finished the staining of the fence out back and installed the 3rd light in the bedroom(of course with dads help on the phone). I wanted to make sure I had it all right before I started. I am not a fan of getting shocked or doing it wrong. Had a bit up a scare when I turned the light on and heard a small pop sound. Turns out I might have cut the wire a bit when installing it but it was an easy fix(thanks DAD). Emma has been busy of course cooking up some goodies for the party as well. Not sure what it all is but looks tasty!

Well off to watch the second game of the World Series. Cubbies didn't even come close to making it this year but I still love the game!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great party tonight, thanks for having us over! The house looks fantastic, I love it! It was great to see you both!

Jen and Pete