Thursday, June 15, 2006

Court Drama



Not sure how really to describe some of the feelings that I was feeling yesterday in court when the verdict was read. We all came to a guilty verdict and which was easy to give taken into account all the facts but it was the moment when we all walked back in to the courtroom that really set the mood. I was really fine and so was everyone else when they came to get us and bring us in but once I sat down in the spot I had spent for the past 3 weeks, my heart started to pound. I could almost hear it myself. The judge went over all the counts and read each one off carefully and that was it. It was over. The defendant didn't say anything or make any quick movements even though there were 3 extra officers in the court for the reading. He didn't even look up at all. We all thought it was over but then we got the rest of our instructions that the sentencing section was about to begin. This meant 2 more days of testimony and the one more time deciding the fate of the defendant. I am not sure what it will entail but we will soon find out.

2 comments:

phillytoad said...

Yikes! That can't be fun. I don't envy you there. For some reason, I thought that after the verdict was read, that the individual was sentenced right there and it was over with. I guess that's what they don't show you on tv.

Anonymous said...

I hope this is over soon, it sounds like an emotional roller coaster. Take care!! Miss you and Emma both!!!!

Jen