Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The rings and other news!


Ok so it's been a while since the last post. I have been a bit busy at work and at home.

So the plans are still coming along for the wedding. Emma sent out the "Save the Date" cards which she worked very hard on. It was a long process but fun as well. I couldn't help much since I don't have too much creativity but I did get to help on the design. But all of the credit goes to Emma. She just loves doing that stuff even though she has very little time to work on them. Of course she already has plans for the invitations so that should be fun.

Sunday we purchased our rings for the wedding!!! It was a lot of fun checking out all the designs and styles that were available. The pictures above are pretty close to what we picked. Emma found just the right wrap or whatever it's called for her ring to go with her engagement ring. It turned out really nice. Too bad we have to wait so long to wear them but time is flying by. Some of the arrangements have been set up including location, who is going to marry us, an idea of who we want for the photographer and who will cater the festivities. I will post more about that once it's more final.

This weekend Emma's mom and Abdel are coming to visit!!!! Should be a great time. It will be nice for them to see the us and the house and to show them around the wonderful city of Portland!! Emma has all the places picked out on where we should go and what we they should see. Plus this Sunday is Mother's Day which worked out nicely. I don't want to jinx it too much but the weather has been really great lately so hopefully it will continue for the visit.

Mom and dad are at the Grand Canyon this week. They are taking a fun mule ride down into the canyon for the day and then back up. Should be a good time and maybe after they return I can get some pictures to post of the trip.

Well that's it for now. I will try and take some pictures of the visit and post them when I get a chance. Oh and thanks for all the comments that everyone has been posting. It's nice to know I am posting stuff that does get read. At least I hope it's a bit interesting. I will try and post more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice rings ,you guys a real lucky to have each other, Dad