Thursday, March 08, 2007

Love you Granny!!


Today was not a happy day. It wasn't a sad day either. Today we said "goodbye" to Granny. In a way I wouldn't really say that we said goodbye to her since I really don't feel that way. She was and always will be my Granny. It's hard to imagine that she is not with us to speak with and to hug.


She touched so many lives and today it really showed. So many people showed up to the service and some told stories of how she took care and loved each and everyone in a special way.


Recently since I moved away, she would call to say hi and ask how things were going. It was the usual "how is work" and "how is the house" and would always remember so many details about your daily grind. She would always end the phone call making sure that you knew how much she loved you and how proud she was of you and what you were doing.


So even though she is not here to check up on me I know that she will always be watching over me and making sure I am happy, healthy and loved very much. I will miss her a great deal and will so many other people that she touched.


I love you very much Granny!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Ryan,

I am so sorry to hear about your Granny. I know how tough it can be to lose a grandparent you really love.
Take care.

-Ann

Anonymous said...

Ryan,
I just wanted to say how sorry I am that I wasn't at Granny's service. I always had such a good time talking to Granny. She was alwyas such a ray of sunshine and she will be sorely missed. I don't think that I have I ever run across an older person with such spirit... the world is a lonelier place without her. I love Granny very much and she will always be in my thoughts. She was very special.
Todd