Thursday, June 04, 2009

Summer Storm

As the day went by I kept on hearing about how the weather was going to get a bit rough. The wind started to pick up and the rain started to come down off and on. I had heard on an emergency alert on the radio that a funnel cloud had been spotted in Vancouver and south of Portland in McMinville...so that wasn't too encouraging.

I decided to take the lower road home since its in a canyon and might not be so bad with the wind and the chances of tree limbs falling. Germantown Road can get a little messy when the gusts start to pick up. Anyway I made it home and snapped a few shots of course on the road.

Storm Rolls In


Then I arrived home and saw that our maple tree that we planted 3 years ago had split in half. I guess the wind was really blowing before I got home. Lets hope it can recover....I really like that tree.

Our Poor Tree

2 comments:

Suzanne, Lance and Belle said...

Bummer! Glad you made it home safely! Love, Suzanne

Mom said...

Oh no! That tree has really grown. I hope it makes it.