Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Another Snowy Day

Well it looks like winter is hanging on today. I hadn't paid attention to the weather lately but sometimes it really doesn't matter since they never seem to get it right.

Sunday morning we woke to more snow on the ground which was a nice surprise and then again today after Emma got home from the gym it once again started to snow.

The road that I drive goes over a mountain and changes as much as 1000 ft. in elevation so I had expected some more snow. Turns out either people REALLY didn't pay attention to the weather it was was not expected. The truck did a wonderful job as usual and made it with no problem but others were not as fortunate.

I passed a dozen cars that were stuck on the hills and couldn't go any further. Also passed a garbage truck that slide off the road and ended up against the mountain. Then another truck slide into the side of the dump truck. Luckily I think it happened just before I arrived and the people in front of me pulled over.

I managed to snap a few pictures of other vehicles along my route that were not having a good day.

West Union and Cornelius Dr.

Cornelius Pass Road and Germantown Rd.

Cornelius Pass Road and Germantown Rd.

No comments: