Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Portland Marathon 2008

So once again the Portland Marathon came and went. And once again Pete ran all 26.2 miles in a 3:49:44!!! Blow my mind that people can do this.

It was really amazing to see more then one location this time for the race. I met up with Jen, Ashley and her boyfriend Brian down near the 5 mile marker. Emma dropped me off a little bit away from the race since most of the streets were closed downtown. On the way down to meet up with Jen, I managed to come upon the starting section and the lead group in the race. A large group of drummers were pounding away and the runner flashed by in an almost sprint of a pace! Then a moment after that a huge group of runners went by so closely packed it seemed like it would be hard to run and not trip on the person next to you.

It was interesting to see the runners at this point. Everyone was smiling and feeding off of the large crowd that gathered to cheer them on. I say interesting since in the past, I would go down to the St. John's Bridge which I think is the 17.5 mile marker and a majority of runners don't look too thrilled to be subjecting themselves to the torture.

Here are of course some pictures of the event. It was a blast seeing the runners progress along the course.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to have you on the Marathon route with me, thank you for going with me, supporting Pete, and taking such great pics!! You are the best!