Friday, July 11, 2008

Wine Tasting and Education at Erath Vineyards



A couple of weeks ago Emma and I went with a group from her school to learn more about wine and how the affects of the ground that the grapes are grown in affect the taste of the wine. I learned probably more then I ever thought I would have about wine but it was fun. Afterwords some of use followed John, a co-worker of Emma's to where he makes his own wine. It was really cool to taste the different types of wine that he is producing and to see what the difference was between the wines grown at different locations. I am not that into wine like I am with beer but it was great to learn more about it.

The picture above is some of the group and the below pictures are from John's warehouse. The final picture is the press that he uses to get all the goodness out of the grapes!!!



Wine Press at John's

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, let's go to John's warehouse next time we're there!